Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Early Days




I first became aware of the crystal skulls and pieces of their legend(s) through my reading in the 70s, but had never really given them much though. This changed when I took a class in school called the Natural and the Para Natural. This was a course put together by my academic advisor, Dr. Robert Ramsdell.

The class was wonderful, UFOs, Atlantis, Pyramid Power, Crystal Skulls, lots of interesting topics. As the only/last remaining declared Philosophy Major at the school, I also had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with Dr. Ramsdell, and he would discuss these topics with me. In fact, he ran the concept of this class by me, asking my opinion.
As I understand, this class was so popular, he taught it right up until his retirement (even when he was Dean).

In the mid 80s, I was living in Texas and completing my doctorate. I became friends with our next-door neighbors, a wonderful couple from Belize. We had wonderful conversations some involving the Mayans. I was told contrary to popular belief, they never disappeared. They are all over the South and Central America; in fact my neighbors said they were of Mayan decent.

Just before we moved to Japan, our friends went home to Belize for a visit, and when the returned invited my family over. This was my introduction to conch, a meal my wife enjoyed much more than I. We were later presented a few small gifts from their home, a pair of intricately designed ash trays, a large conch shell, and a small crystal skull.

It wasn’t until years later that I realized that this skull was from the same area as the “Legendary 13 Crystal Skulls” and was more than likely made from crystal from the same source. And according to National Geographic, unlike those in the Smithsonian and the British Museum, my crystal skull is authentic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home